Valentine’s Day is coming and sometimes this holiday of love and romance can create triggers for couples, and manifest in breakdowns or break ups. Before finalizing that Valentine’s Day-triggered break up, consider these five questions:
1. What’s the ideal outcome for this situation?
2. Have I asked for and communicated my feelings, wants and needs without using blame or threats?
3. What is my part in the conflict or breakdown?
4. Am I willing to do my part in making this situation work for everyone involved?
5. Have I done everything I can from a calm and clear emotional space to make this relationship work?